자유게시판

The Small end of the Cue

작성자 정보

• Giuseppe 작성
  • 작성일

컨텐츠 정보

본문

The player who pots the 9-ball wins. But before we go into that, I just want to know if there are any questions; if I’ve made myself clear, and if there are any of you who find me utterly unintelligible? We use another gimmick in this meditation like we are doing now, where there’s a certain emphasis on the sense of sound. So in the Byzantine chant, where the Eastern churches, they don’t use musical instruments. Can I use any cue stick for billiards? But when meditation is properly practiced you can also operate in the conventional world. And therefore forced-you see, it’s forced meditation which would be the horrors. I want, first of all, to explain to you the gadgetry of meditation in case any Protestant-minded people should be frightened by a certain ritualistic atmosphere. And its purpose is either for summoning people to come to something, like church bells, or for keeping a rhythm in certain chants. You can do that by a certain rolling rhythm.

image.php?image=b16nature002.jpg&dl=1

This is called a mokugyo, and it’s a sort of wooden drum which, as you heard, makes an extremely effective noise that can be heard for a very long way. But it’s also possible in retrospect to realize that you were meditating. Some of you will find it possible to harmonize a melodic theme that fits the basic melody. Because at last you find yourself in the center, the eternal now, in which past and future drop away, in which divisions created by words drop away. And if you find that you can’t help thinking about it, putting names on it, or supposing you can’t stop vagrant thoughts about what you’re supposed to do tomorrow or what somebody said to somebody, and so on-don’t resist the flow of thought, just let it join with the random sounds that you hear and regard it as a kind of interior noise. You don’t lose the faculty of discursive thought, you don’t get your mind permanently wiped out, in that sense. Just feel. But again, if you can’t help words running in your head, don’t interfere with it. Let it go out in the same way as you would nestle yourself down into an extremely comfortable bed, where you sink in and in and in, and you let it flow out through your lips, so that you will know by the feel of air on your lips that you are really breathing and not just straining your muscles.

The head and the feet look very different, but they are parts of one organism. The game is played with three balls, two white and one red, with one of the white balls having a small red dot, or spot, to distinguish it. Yes, the gentleman in the white shirt. To begin with, the clothes I am wearing are not those of a Buddhist priest, they are those of, say, a Japanese literary gentleman (which would correspond to the sort of person that I am), and they’re worn for the simple reason that they’re convenient and comfortable. It’s important to let the sound sing itself and not have the feeling that you are making it happen. It’s as if you were a flute and the breath is making a note through you. It follows gravity. So, very gently, would you try the experiment of allowing your breath to fall out. Or you could imagine that inside your neck is a big ball of lead, and you let that drop through your body, pushing the breath out as it goes until it reaches the floor, at which point you let it fall to the center of the Earth.

Straight Pool, also known as 14.1 Continuous, is a classic game where players aim to reach a certain point total by potting any ball on the table. The other principal games are played on tables that have six pockets, one at each corner and one in each of the long sides; these games include English billiards, played with three balls; snooker, played with 21 balls and a cue ball; and pocket billiards, or pool, played with 15 balls and a cue ball. Cue sticks are used to strike the cue ball, imparting the desired spin and direction. But if you want to define yourself as a billiard ball, then you will play life like the past was responsible for you. I will then drop the melody of the chant over that. Or it is sometimes used for mantra, which I will explain later. Your brain will take care of understanding what I’m saying and you don’t need to worry about it. Not really, no. I will try to show you, practically, why it is an unnecessary concept; how you can have far more energy without using your will than you can with using it. Billiards is a classic cue sport that involves players using a cue stick to strike cue balls, aiming to pocket object balls into designated pockets on the billiard table.

If you have any queries about exactly where and how to use What is billiards, you can speak to us at our own web-page.

관련자료

댓글 0
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.
알림 0