자유게시판

How to Meditate while Doing Yoga (because We’ll Take all the Calm we can Get)

작성자 정보

• Walter 작성
  • 작성일

컨텐츠 정보

본문

In my own experience as a yoga practitioner, I have encountered many who have this misguided aim and focus in their practice of yoga as they fully focus themselves on working on the "Asanas" with emphasis on perfecting the poses and purifying their diet and nutrition with vegetarianism, cutting out alcohol and smoking from their lives while placing a far less emphasis, forgetting or even not being aware of the main goal of practising yoga, which is to attain harmonic union of the body, mind and spirit within and with the divine Creator and all beings in the universe. This yoga is extremely practical and has 2 main aspects: One of these is called Tappas, which really means to generate heat, but we can call it the Yoga of Light. How yoga and religions can co-exist? The core idea of yoga - that mind and body are one and inextricable from the universe as a whole - is a key tenet of Hinduism, as well as Buddhism, and many other religions.

Yoga has roots in Hinduism, and also influenced and was influenced by other East Asian spiritual traditions. The condition known in western medicine as tinnitus is considered in Ayurvedic medicine to possibly be caused by spiritual awakening to the anahata. While most yoga classes in the United States are entirely secular, yoga still retains a connection to its spiritual origins. Traditionally, yoga is about much more than exercise - it is an entire family of practices meant to facilitate spiritual growth. Autuori says. If your anxiety levels are low, you're more likely to be in a positive state of mind and therefore more receptive to whatever new things you are experiencing. Further, even if one practises yoga that is predominately focussed on Asanas, their mindset and lifestyle are very likely to transform positively towards the ways of a yogi as I have previously experienced in my own personal practice of yoga where I found practising Asanas made me a calmer and more mindful person, what is yoga helping me tremendously with coping with a highly stressful job and life whilst having clinical depression and anxiety.

There are 8 limbs of yoga (Patanjali's 8 Limbs of Yoga) and practising all or parts of the 8 limbs to achieve the state of Samadhi (interchangeably termed as nirvana bliss/enlightenment in other texts and schools of thought) is the goal of a yogi. There are many different schools or styles of yoga that are practiced today. While there are different styles of yoga, most affect the body in similar ways. The word yoga means union, and yoga practice is meant to bring about enlightenment through the union of body and mind. This principle links back to the fact that yoga means union of ourselves with the greater universe, and that when we realise that ultimately all of us are one, coming from the same source, feeling the same things, experiencing the same plights and pleasures in life, then we are able to feel utmost compassion for all others even when they are inflicting pain towards us. They can determine how you feel and act, as well as how you heal or harbor disease.

As a form of exercise, yoga can be practiced alone or in a class with others. Chanting Om: Many yoga classes begin and end the class by chanting the sound "Om." This Sanskrit word is said to be the sound of creation, and helps to unite energy and bring sacredness to the practice. Many yoga practitioners and teachers end up encouraging idolatry of the teachers as a result of the overt projection and glorification of the yoga masters/gurus/teachers to the extent of creating new lineages of yoga under the name of the particular guru/master/teacher, which is quite unnecessary in my humble opinion, and the placing of the photographs of these gurus/masters/teachers as a worshipping item at their altar. Also, I have observed many yoga practitioners and yoga teachers placing a lot of emphasis on glorifying their yoga gurus and themselves as teachers, which is contradictory to the precept of equanimity whereby everyone is supposed to be equal. Another principle instilled by yoga is that every being is equal. So the idea of kriya yoga technique has been around longer than Hatha or Vinyasa yoga. The physical asanas - hatha yoga - are just one limb of that branch.

관련자료

댓글 0
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.
알림 0